The Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors are a committee comprised of men and women who represent the pride of the community and the Chamber of Commerce. The Ambassador program is part of the Chamber’s business outreach efforts. By giving of their time to help businesses grow and achieve successful results, Ambassadors contribute to the overall economic health and growth of the Waseca business community.
Dressed in their uniforms consisting of red jackets, they are the official greeters and goodwill representatives for the community. They welcome dignitaries, such as the Governor, with smiles and handshakes. Each month they present First Dollar of Clear Profit Awards or Progress Awards to deserving businesses who have made improvements to their businesses or started or acquired businesses within the community. They recognize investments in the community and demonstrate positive actions that can inspire others. They are professional liasions to the business community and strengthen the Chamber’s relationship to its members and the community. Because Ambassadors are active members of the Waseca Area Chamber of Commerce, they provide an important member-to-member link, understanding and responding to member needs as only another member can.
Ambassadors dedicate time to interact with other business entrepreneurs, professionals, volunteers and other individuals on behalf of the Waseca Area Chamber of Commerce. Ambassadors encourage members to become involved and help them to learn more about the Chamber programs and initiatives. Ambassadors take new members under their wing, foster communication between Chamber staff members and generally act as the eyes and ears of the Chamber in the community.
They host and sponsor special chamber events throughout the year such as luncheons, banquets, and social events. They hold an Ambassador Bash which is a social event and fund raiser.
Here are the Ambassadors:
- Marcy Buchele, United Prairie Bank
- Brad Connors, iWealth
- Tim Dennis, Kinder-Dennis Home For Funerals
- Katie Dumdei, Home Design Gallery
- Ed Frederick, Southern Research & Outreach Center
- Bernie Gaytko, First National Bank, Treasurer
- Linda Grant, Healing Hands
- Rob Helms, Brown Printing
- Peggy Hildebrandt, Connors Plumbing & Heating
- Amy Kruger, Roundbank Insurance
- Mike Kubat, Michael D. Kubat, CPA
- Cassie Meister, Cassie’s Classic Cuts
- Tom Piche, 4 Seasons
- Jade Prins, Roundbank
- Paul Rongstad, Waseca Agency, LLC
- Tom Sankovitz, First National Bank
- Theresa Sunde, Mediacom
- Larry Thompson, Roundbank
- Kevin Walter, Ameriprise Financial, Chair
- Tim Wenzel, Winegar, Inc.
- Pat Wieseler, HyVee
Ambassador Visits – 2013